The first and most significant part of exterior painting entails Subtrate or Surface Preparation. If the surface is not prepared that the paint may not adhere correctly or there may be premature peeling.
The surface we had been painting was the existing alluminum siding.
- We used a solution of TSP and water applied and then scrubbed on the siding using a car wash brush.
- When there is mould on the surface, bleach may be inserted into the cleaning solution in a ratio of 1 part bleach to 4 parts water.
- Use a hose to wash off each section after cleansing.
- The surface has to be totally dry before it can be painted.
Then we rented a Boom Lift for the upper story. It
Was the best method to get in the high peaks and these regions in which it would
be tricky to negotiate the pitch of the roof.
Chose a Glidden semi-gloss latex exterior paint and had it smashed to
match the siding onto the adjoining barn. We all had to do was give Home
Depot a bit of the siding and they matched the color beautifully!
While they had been mixing the paint we accumulated
- paint brushes of varying sizes
- paint trays
- painter’s tape
Make certain that you have all the supplies available so you don’t need to interrupt your work to get a shopping run.
- For starters you need to have an SUV or truck that is capable of towing it home.
- It has a control panel with plenty of buttons and directions.
- Before it will lift you there are quite a few security features that must be used.
- When you situate the elevator you wish to be certain the arm of the boom
will probably have clearance to maneuver the bucket round as much of the surface
you want to paint. ALEX TREND PAINTERS
- This is important because if you require to move the lift to a different place it is not straightforward.
- Provided that we weren’t in an incline we can push it a very short space.
- However, when it had to be placed on another side of the
house it was necessary to lift the outriggers, secure the boom in a
position place, hitch up it to the truck and tow it around. This
is 1 significant piece of equipment!
- telephone wires
- electrical wires
- in which the outriggers that lift the tires off the ground and
stabalize you’re going to land (you do not want to crush plants and
Boom had a bucket that could accommodate two people up to 500 pounds
total. This feature allowed us to be far more efficient as we can
paint the surface twice as quickly as only one person could.
There was space for a paint tray and can of paint onto the floor. After
Located accurately the boom could move us up, down and across a large
Dealing with tall ladders would have been much more challenging! Not
Only would it have been more precarious, only think about having to transfer
them every couple of feet and then climbing up and down all day long while
taking your can of paint and brush. With a roller could be out of the
- With some practice the boom is easy to operate.
- You can’t help but feel secure and safe once up in the bucket.
- The self leveling outriggers come down, lift the tires off the ground and secure it in place.
- The emergency brake is employed.
- The key needs to be switched to control the bucket and it can be controlled from the ground or inside the bucket.
I would recommend the use of a boom lift for anyone who wants to
Paint the exterior of a two or more story home (it has a reach of 50
For more information in regards to painters and decorators look at our own website.